Last year the Tour hasn't been a great succes for Euskaltel, except for the ninth place in the general ranking from Haimar Zubeldia, but no stage victories. This year they will come to the Tour de France with a team that is composed with old experienced riders and some new talent.
Euskaltel 2007 :
71. Haimar Zubeldia : He will be the leader of the team and has to try to get a top ten rank again or even more, a top 5 like he did in 2003. In the Dauphine Libere he showed us that he's in a great shape so we can except something from him.
72. Igor Anton : A new talent from Euskaltel who has won a stage in the Tour of Spain last year and this year in the Tour of Romandie. He has to try to win a stage in the mountains.
73. Mikel Astarloza : A rider who can go for a good top 20 rank seeing his great performance in the Dauphine Libere where he achieved a great seventh place in the overall rank.
74. Jorge Azanza : He has to help Haimar in the flat stages.
75. Inaki Isasi : Last year he got some good top 10 ranks in sprints so maybe this year a victory should be able in one of the early stages.
76. Inigo Landaluze : Another driver who can be able to win a mountain stage when he gets in an early escape.
77. Ruben Perez : A good sprinter who should be able to get some good top 10 ranks.
78. Amets Txurruka : He showed his talent for the first time in the Tour of Romandie where he attacked a couple of times and showed us his climb talent. We can expect something from him.
79. Gorka Verdugo : A good ride who has to help Haimar in the mountain stages.
Proloog start times
Gorka Verdugo (Spa) Euskaltel - Euskadi 15:14
Mikel Astarloza (Spa) Euskaltel - Euskadi 15:35
Jorge Azanza (Spa) Euskaltel - Euskadi 15:56
Ruben Perez Moreno (Spa) Euskaltel - Euskadi 16:17
Amets Txurruka (Spa) Euskaltel - Euskadi 16:38
Inaki Isasi (Spa) Euskaltel - Euskadi 16:59
Inigo Landaluze (Spa) Euskaltel - Euskadi 17:20
Igor Anton (Spa) Euskaltel - Euskadi 17:41
Haimar Zubeldia (Spa) Euskaltel - Euskadi 18:02
Every day I will try to post the results and a bit of comment about the stage.