woensdag 21 mei 2008

Mikel about Tour de France

Mikel Astarloza is taking a rest period now after a good Tour of Romandie. He gave an interview about the Tour de France to the Euskaltel site and here it is in english (thanx to Lucybears)

-What are your goals in the next Tour de France ?
My main objective is to do better than last year. I want to enter the top 5 again and win a stage, that would be a dream! To compete in the general rank doesn't mean you can't triumph in a stage.

-You have had time to see the route, what did it tell you ?
Personally I think there's a lack of time-trial kilometres, it's my speciality, so I can make up for the mountains. I personally prefer the Alps and they will be decisive this year.

-How do you see the team now, a few weeks before the start ?
I think the team is very good. We have worked the whole year to come at 100 procent to the Tour de France and I hope that we will be rewarded.

-Who will be the favourites this year ?
The great favourite will be Cadel Evans. Then there is a group of riders like me, Cunego, Dekker, Moreau, Valverde and of course my companions Zubeldia and Sanchez.

Geen opmerkingen: